Want more BeachBody info?

If you'd love to have free coaching advice and get to know me better sign up for a Beachbody account here!!!

Monday, January 30, 2012

P90X2 PAP Lower Review

Today I started week 4 of phase two of my P90X2/Insanity Hybrid Program. I've been getting e-mails for more reviews on other of the P90X2 workouts so what I think I am going to do is to double up somedays. Do the scheduled workout as well as a workout I have yet to review. Today being Chest Shoulders and Tris I also did X2 PAP Lower to get a little more cardio into my workout.


The original P90X2 schedule is made up of 3 phases all which lead up to the PAP workouts. As anyone who is into P90X knows by now PAP stands for Post-Activation Potentiation. This way of training maximizes muscle growth and increases your strength. I was not 100% of what this was like going into it, I had done the One on One PAP workout and got the idea that you first do a weighted move, then a plyo move and finally a stretching move.

The workout starts with a slightly different warmup:
Heel Walk: Just walking around on your heels.
Feet Snackers: Swinging your legs and smacking your toes on the floor.
The Worlds Greatest Stretch
Inch Worm


Fire Hydrant: On all fours lift one leg up and slowly circle it around in both directions.
Scorpion
Groiners


March Skippers: A cross between a skip and a march.
Leg Swings
Speed Slalom: Feet together jumping from side to side.
Speed Front/Back Hops: Hopping front and back quickly.
Lateral Plyo Skater: Speed Skater with a bigger hop.

Foam Rolling

The workout consists of two rounds. Each round consists of 4 moves done 4 times.

Round 1 (Repeat 4 Times):


Step-Up Convict: Weights in both hands step up onto a stool, do a leg raise, step down then back into a lounge.


Skater Plyo: 8 Skaters


One Leg Line Hop: Hopping as quickly as you can side to side then front to back.


Tony's Triangle: Laying on your side, bend the lower leg then raise the top one. Pointing your tow to the ground and keeping your heel up. Lower your leg in front then raise it again then lower it in back.

Round 2 (Repeat 4 Times):


Squat Cross Reach: Standing on one leg and hold a weight, squat and reach the weighted arm to the opposite side at the same time kick your other leg out behind you.


Split Squat Jump: Jumping lounges as deep into a lounge you can go and as high as you can jump.

Monster Slalom: Jumping side to side as fast as you can.

Side Bridge Leg Lift: Stay in side plank with you top leg lifted with the toe pointing down for 30 seconds then switch sides.

Cool Down

This is a great workout it really works areas that you might not know you needed to work on. I found the Squat Cross Reach move can be very tricky. You have to remember to bring your back leg in while your still in the squat if you don't you'll be fumbling all over the place. This workout is one that you need to push yourself on, if you don't your not going to get anything out of it. The only real modification that I needed to do was on the Step-Up Convent because I don't have a stool so I did the modified double lounge version. After this workout I did do X2 Chest, Shoulders and Tris and found that my legs were fried. I had some real trouble balencing while doing the presses (no stool). Which goes to show how much PAP Lower works your legs. Again if you push yourself to jump high/far and put your all into this workout it will be an awesome workout!





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...